Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1025
Our Workplace Savings & Retirements Business Unit is looking for an Application Developer.
The role resides within the Commercial Solutions Team who develop and maintain a SQL Server data estate (known as Solus) for the business unit through the incorporation of robust data, controls and processes that provides a holistic view of Corporate Pensions and associated activity.
With Solus as the base, we then utilise our extensive analysis, database and data experience to build and maintain bespoke applications (EUCs) that make business processes more efficient, secure and easier to use for our internal customers.
We want to provide more of these solutions through web-based applications, and thats where you come in.
The day to day will involve:
- Designing, building and administering effective web-based applications (primarily in Angular) that facilitate business information or processes
- Assisting strategic and tactical business change improvement for existing applications
- Ensuring application change audit and application integrity is maintained through development lifecycles
- Providing advice, mentorship and recommendations to application users through effective identification and elicitation of requirements
Skills & experience required:
- Experience in Angular
- Unit/Automated testing
- Experience working in responsive design
- Knowledge of data protocols/standards and ability to integrate web developments with external data repositories (e.g. SQL Server/SSMS)
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing!
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies!
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alice Neal in the Resourcing team on 0121 200 5926 and email@example.com.
Job Number: R-87160
Community / Marketing Title: Application Developer
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom