Category Manager/Senior Category Manager
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1131
We are looking for two outstanding procurement professionals to join us as either a Category Manager or Senior Category Manager.
Aviva’s Group Procurement function is responsible for leading the Aviva's indirect third party spend in accordance with company strategies. Through a deep understanding of market categories and industry dynamics, we work closely with the business to help influence and deliver their strategies. You will collaborate with business managers to craft procurement plans that meet their requirements and ensure fit-for-purpose products and services are effectively sourced under an appropriate contract, at the best possible price.
Reporting to the Principal Category Manager, you will look after your category within the context of the broader IT and Digital team category and support your colleagues when demand balance necessitates.
Role and Responsibilities
- Your main goal is to maximise value through the end-to-end commercial management suppliers and associated spend.
- Managing all allocated category or sub-category spend for Aviva, as well as focussing on driving performance and commercial benefit from the supply chain.
- Taking ownership for setting the strategy for the category, which will involve working with the relevant business areas.
- Questioning and improving the various functions to ensure a holistic strategy and plan is executed.
- Driving value for money through the identification and delivery of savings.
- Mitigating and handling supply chain risk.
- Handling suppliers within the category to achieve contracted levels of performance and benefit delivery to Aviva.
How we do this
- Combining market intelligence with a strong knowledge of existing supplier arrangements and business requirements to plan and implement sourcing and supply chain strategies.
- Be a category leader at the forefront of new emerging technologies and market changes.
- Working closely with business colleagues to build fit-for-purpose contracts and supply relationships.
- Optimising contracts for value and performance, locking in business benefits.
- Monitoring the category contract renewals process.
Skills and Experience
- Strong relationship management skills demonstrated through experience in building positive internal business relationships across all levels.
- Significant experience in category management, procurement or supplier relationship management within a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Experience in leading and handling complex sourcing processes.
- Confident in using your commercial capabilities to develop and negotiate complex agreements.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive annual salary depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Megan Douglas a call on: 0121 234 7665 or send an email to: email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-88446
Community / Marketing Title: Category Manager/Senior Category Manager
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom