Actuarial Audit Manager (GI)
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Job Number: 1166
We are recruiting outstanding people, who see Audit as an important training ground for Aviva's future business leaders, and we're currently looking for a General Insurance (GI) Actuarial Audit Manager to join us in Dublin.
Internal Audit at Aviva is transforming. Are you as passionate as we are about quality audit?
Do you want to work as part of a highly effective, robust and influential team with a strong internal and external reputation?
Internal Audit’s purpose is to join the dots between risk and control and the execution of strategy to serve our customers. In this context, the Financial, Insurance and Model Risk Audit function provides meaningful and timely insights and thought leadership on emerging financial, insurance and model risks, in order to drive perfection, the management of these risks across Aviva.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform audits related to financial, insurance and model risks, whilst collaborating with generalist auditors. This involves: definition of audit scope and work program, technical and actuarial testing, report writing and communication with key partners
- Participate in Ireland and Europe Finance Insurance and Model Risk audit plan definition
- Ensure quality business monitoring and partner management
Skills & Experience required
We are looking for a GI Actuary or near qualified GI Actuary with experience in one or more of the following areas: product pricing and reserving, Solvency II, Economic Capital, Capital management, Risk management and/or IFRS.
In addition to:
- A firm grasp of auditing and a detailed understanding of GI insurance
- Understanding of insurance, financial and model risks with relevant technical expertise
- Able to prioritise, rationalise, argue and defend your point of view
- A critical, structured and well organised approach
- Highly competent in all aspects of communication and able to get messages across clearly and effectively, in both verbal and written form, in order to engage others and deliver results
Fitness and Probity
This is a regulated role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an on-going requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
Job Number: R-89023
Community / Marketing Title: Actuarial Audit Manager (GI)
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland