Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1176
*We are currently recruiting for a Permanent position and a 12 month Fixed Term Contract*
We're looking for a strong Analyst to join the Actuarial Existing Business Team!
The team falls within Actuarial Management and comprises of 23 in York and an Offshore team of 9.
We are responsible for calculating and issuing essential rate factors for all Aviva UK Life With-Profits contracts. The team also provides actuarial advice and product support to a wide variety of customers both internally and externally (e.g. Savings and Investment, Protection, Sales and policyholders).
The team plays a key role in supporting company projects which help our existing business policyholders.
We're a team of multifaceted individuals each with their own strengths, and we're looking for an Actuarial Analyst! You'll receive support to understand the tasks required of you at a high level although the ability to work under your initiative is encouraged.
About the role
As an Actuarial Analyst your role will involve working as part of a small team within the wider team and tackling the responsibility for some of the key tasks outlined below:
- Your work will involve close contact with a number of other areas including the With Profit Management and Asset Share teams in Finance, IT & Change and Marketing
- You will need to work closely with external partners at ReAssure and WNS (our offshore team)
- You will provide advice to other areas of the company in connection with operational issues relating to existing business
- Answer policyholder queries from various internal teams and reassure, ensuring these are done to a high standard while timely in line with the team standards
- You will calculate or review the regular bonus rate work
- You will be encouraged to maintain and update quotation systems owned by the team
- Provide administration support for the Staff Pension scheme
- Working with our Third Party teams to deliver improvements and ensuring accuracy
- Provide actuarial input for company wide projects, driven by IT & Change or internally, impacting on the existing book of business, including the specification, development and implementation of solutions
Skills & Experience required
- University graduate (or equivalent experience) in mathematics or a mathematical related subject
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of Excel
The following skills are desirable although not essential:
- Knowledge of VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Certified Actuarial Analyst qualification
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7638 or Connor.McCormack@Aviva.com
Job Number: R-89461
Community / Marketing Title: Actuarial Analyst
Location: York, England, United Kingdom