Apprentice Solution/Infrastructure Architect - Level 3
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1209
Apprentice Solution/Infrastructure Architect Level 3
Do you have a passion for technology? Would you like to work in a role where you get to solve problems with technology and help set the technical direction within different areas of Aviva? Do you want to get practical, hands-on experience while studying for an Accredited Level 3 qualification? Do you want to work at a company that will empower you to be your best self at work? If so, an Apprentice Solution/Infrastructure Architect role may be the right route for you.
At Aviva, we truly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So, if you have a curious mind, a customer focus and a genuine interest in technology please read on!
About the role
Technology at Aviva is an exciting place to be! We're the UK's largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and global leader who puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. Awarded Digital Insurance Company of the Year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance, our Technology community is among the best resourced and most talented anywhere.
We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers' needs, first time: whether delivering technology change internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative digital tech like the award winning "My Aviva" customer portal and "Aviva Drive".
Through our Apprentice Programme, we'll equip you with the hands-on experience, industry recognised accredited qualifications and tools to succeed. Our Architects acts as technology leaders in Aviva, working with colleagues from a variety of teams to design creative end to end solutions and designs that meet our short- and long-term digital goals. You'll support the definition of our technology vision and help us see how we can get there. Your work will include:
- Define end-to-end solutions for IT change
- Create designs that are fit for purpose: meeting our technology, user, customer and security needs
- Deliver solutions that progress the overall architecture journey and are aligned to Aviva's Strategy
- All while and learning from a phenomenal team, and working within an industry leading framework for design
This is an 18-month programme where you'll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited qualification (a Level 3 Apprenticeship). Upon successful completion of your qualification(s) you'll be a fully-fledged Aviva Solution/Infrastructure Architect!
We're on the lookout for apprentices from all kinds of backgrounds whether this is your first professional role, you're returning to work after a break, or are looking to move into a new career. Whatever your previous experience, we need you to:
- Have a minimum of 5 x GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent(this must include English and Maths)
- Be always on the lookout for positive changes and solutions - approaching situations with curiosity and initiative
- Be a confident communicator Be flexible, able to adapt and change quickly to different situations
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills Have a love of learning and be working to continually improve
- Have a genuine interest in tech finding out about and trying out new technologies and apps
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £17,500 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
- A Level 3 qualification, equivalent to A Levels
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras", plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
The recruitment process
We live Aviva's values, with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people, expecting curiosity and a courageous mindset. We will assess your strengths as well as understanding how connected and aligned to our values you are throughout the process. The process itself is:
- Make an online application this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial screen you will be have a short telephone interview
- Pass that and you'll be sent some online tests
- And if you do well in these, there's an assessment day
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By 'minimum criteria' we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
If you like the sound of all that, we'd love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: email@example.com
Job Number: R-89792
Community / Marketing Title: Apprentice Solution/Infrastructure Architect - Level 3
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom