Location: Worthing, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1276
We're happy to announce Aviva have new opportunities within our Global Corporate Speciality (GCS) team in Worthing for an Assistant Underwriter.
Together, we'll be working towards providing a positive service, aiding our team of underwriters. This will include building a successful network of internal and external relationships, receiving and responding to enquiries and meeting high standards to ensure customer happiness.
We encourage our Assistant Underwriters to actively pursue opportunities to improve the efficiency of our customer and administration processes and procedures to assist GCS in achieving its targets.
Are you a strong, dynamic, positive person with a can-do approach to work? If so, we want you to join our team. This role needs a strong teammate with the ability to manage their own work optimally and also have phenomenal interpersonal skills.
If you have a sincere interest in the Finance, Risk or Insurance industries, and are looking to build a long-lasting successful career then we definitely want to hear from you.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Delivering business important metrics alongside our management team
- Spotting & driving opportunities for service and operational improvements
- Acting on feedback from customers, sharing ideas with managers & peers
- Collaborating with our Trading Underwriter team in London to deliver and provide end to end policy management for large complex corporate risks
- Taking personal for responsibility development in line with business strategy evidence through verbal and practical application
- There will be occasional required travel to our London office
Skills & experiences required:
- Proven record of delivering excellent customer outcomes
- Experience in encouraging & building strong sustainable internal/external relationships
- Track record and delivery of personal development and growth in previous roles
- GCSE qualifications or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Good knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- Previous underwriting experience is not essential as full training will be provided – however experience in Financial Services, Risk or a similar field would be advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-90754
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Underwriter
Location: Worthing, England, United Kingdom