Business Support Analyst
Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 828
We’re now looking for a Business Support Analyst to join our Investment Operations team in York. For this position, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a keen interest in IT systems and their use within a business team
- Has a high attention to detail
- Is happy to work in a challenging environment where no two days are the same
- Is happy to challenge the status quo and offer up suggestions to help the team move towards process perfection by eradicating inefficient, poorly-governed or bespoke process solutions
If you are any of these, then we will want to talk to you.
Investment Operations are a diverse team of about 55 people whose shared purpose is to calculate, verify and distribute 10,000 Unit Prices every single day for c£150bn of investments.
Our customers demand absolute confidence in the value of their pensions and investments, and we pride ourselves in our very high standards of accuracy and timeliness. These customers rely on the Investment Operations team to assure that their Life and Pension premiums are invested in the funds they have selected, their unit holdings are valued accurately, and they can access their investment when they choose.
The team’s job is complex! We work hard to make things simpler and more efficient for our people and our customers, driving towards one platform for all UK unit pricing services in the next two years. We have challenges like the integration of heritages with several distinct operating models within the team (a combination of in-house and outsourced services; legacy methodologies etc).
Investment Operations is transforming. There are numerous programmes impacting the team which will fundamentally change how we operate. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of that transformation and progress to positions of authority with a dynamic systems business team.
What are the duties & responsibilities?
- Investigating issues raised by the team and working with IT and 3rd party suppliers for the resolution of technical issues
- Updating systems with static data changes from change requests, projects and fund launches/closures
- Testing of changes to Investment Operations systems
- User access provisioning and management
- System administration and housekeeping; particularly regarding archiving and data management
- Ensuring that system controls are maintained; that all changes and processes are enforced to these controls
What skills & experiences do we require?
- Experience of supporting business software applications is preferred but not essential
- Experience of pControl / HiPortfolio is wonderful to see
- A robust academic record
- Proficiency in numeracy and problem solving with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of financial markets and risks would be advantageous
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £20,000 to £22,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
Job Number: R-79608
Community / Marketing Title: Business Support Analyst
Location: York, England, United Kingdom