Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 964
Would you like to work for a friendly, dedicated administration team in the UK's largest insurance business?
We are currently seeking a Group Protection Administrator in Eastleigh. The Group Protection department consists of different products including: Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness.The Group Protection department consists of different products including: Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness.
As a company, Aviva places an equally high value in our employees and our customers. We are looking for individuals to consistently deliver high standards of service, accuracy and efficiency and promote Group Protection scheme administration through positive interaction with all customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will get the opportunity to demonstrate your excellent customer service skills and develop your administrative skill set in problem resolution, telephone techniques, numeracy, literacy and communication skills by managing daily queries, processing scheme renewals and accounts work. You'll be working as part of a close-knit team as well as under your own autonomy. As a Group Protection Administrator, you will be responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with our panel of intermediaries to help us retain our existing portfolio of business and support the company in winning new business.
Working hours are 9-5 Monday to Friday. We operate flexible hours around this where you can accrue additional hours to allow for time off around our core hours of 10-4.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience in providing top-class customer service Excellent skills with Microsoft applications (particularly manipulating and analysing data within Excel) are essential
- Ability to organise and manage own workload An approachable team member, able to easily establish rapport with colleagues and customers
- Willingness to question the effectiveness of how things are done and offer solutions
- Seek and provide constructive feedback for own and others to develop
- Positive about change and willing to adapt
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £17,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva we strive to create a future for our customers and each other. As well as being rewarded for their exceptional performance, our open and inclusive culture means our people are inspired to do more and are supported to challenge the way we do things. We have a career progression framework which allows for ongoing development within the role and the ability to increase your salary accordingly.
Our Progression Scheme
Our Customer Service Consultants will have a starting salary of £17,000 with another 3 progression steps. Step 2 is £18,500, step 3 is £20,500. Your development will continue in the role over time. You can expect to automatically move to £18.5k (step 2) upon satisfactory completion of 18 weeks training and move up to £20.5k (step 3) within 18 months of joining the business, then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department moving to step 4 earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme 'Be Healthy', 'Be Mindful', 'Be Secure' and 'Be Awesome' supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You'll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that
Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all. As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By 'minimum criteria' we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
Job Number: R-86078
Community / Marketing Title: Administrator
Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom