Chartered Secretary (Assistant Company Secretary level)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 968
Aviva has an exciting opportunity for an experienced governance professional to join our team based in the London head office.
As a FTSE30 company, the role offers the significant opportunity to gain experience through a broad variety of tasks supporting the Aviva Corporate and Board Governance team – and is a stimulating mix of company secretary responsibilities and involvement with annual reports, market regulations and listing rules. The role holder will have pride in providing a wide range of governance duties and have a strong dedication to deliver the right outcomes for our key business partners and customers.
The Aviva Corporate and Board Governance team provides support and company secretarial services to Aviva plc. It also has responsibility for Group compliance with the Corporate Governance Code, Listing Rules and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules, as well as setting and delivering the strategy for Aviva’s relationship with its private shareholders and managing the engagement with our Share Registrar.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Supporting the drafting of the Governance sections within the Annual Report and Accounts
- Assisting with the preparation for the Aviva plc AGM
- Advising on, preparing and making stock exchange announcements in accordance with the Listing Rules, and Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules
- Assisting with compliance with the Listing rules, Market Abuse Regulations, corporate governance code obligations
- Maintaining the Insider List and advising on the share dealing code and clearance to deal procedures
- Supporting the AGM mailing and distribution project, and the planning and design of AGM materials (Notice of Meeting and proxy forms, etc.)
- Providing support for the appointment and onboarding of new Aviva plc directors, including supporting the regulatory approval processes
Key skills and experiences are we looking for:
- Company Secretarial experience within a Listed company environment
- Associate of the ICSA
- Customer oriented and a keen interest in corporate governance and developments
- Ability to prioritise workload and remain calm under pressure
- Discretion and professional integrity
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-86208
Community / Marketing Title: Chartered Secretary (Assistant Company Secretary level)
Location: London, England, United Kingdom