Technical Major Incident Manager
Multiple Locations: Norwich, England, United Kingdom • York, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1036
Our Major Incident Management function is looking for a Technical Major Incident Manager.
The Technical Major Incident Manager runs processes and delivers services to protect, control and remediate issues across the production environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Expedite the triage and diagnostic phase of the incident life-cycle by acting as the conduit between suppliers technical bridges and the management bridge.
- Act as the translation / interpreter steward to ensure the management bridge fully understands actions agreed on technical bridges.
- Quickly identify service/technical avenues of investigation to validate and aid technical bridge thinking, leading to faster diagnosis and ultimately, time to fix.
- Ensure recommendations and improvements which encompass all failure points and gaps during major incidents and problem investigation are made to avoid reoccurrences.
- Consistently look for areas, processes and procedures that can be improved or need to be implemented with a focus on the technology estate.
- Organise and facilitate regular technology reviews with both internal and external suppliers reviews as part of ongoing way of measuring and improving service levels.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with weekend support as required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of managing major incidents and problems in a global organisation.
- Experience in a technology platform or application role.
- Technical certification and accreditation across multiple platform disciplines.
- Experience of operating in a complex technology role at a senior level.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alice Neal in the Resourcing team on 0121 200 5926 and email@example.com.
Job Number: R-87209
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Major Incident Manager
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom