Enterprise Data Architect
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1038
Do you have a talent for developing strategy? Do you do things differently and with passion? Do you love working in collaboration and enjoy leading people to the future?
We are presently recruiting for a forward-thinking Enterprise Data Architect to join our innovative team and be a part of our phenomenal journey based in either our London, York or Norwich offices.
At Aviva, we are on an exciting mission to make things simpler for our customers and our people, by building an excellent service that’s low on customer effort and high on customer satisfaction. Data is at the heart of this mission, and we need Architects like you to truly get involved and craft our vision for data and help turn it into reality. You will build Aviva's Global Data Strategy to deliver competitive advantages through data by providing the views, designs and leadership needed to maximise the value of data.
- Set and deliver a clear vision, strategy and strategic roadmap for data in all its forms considering customer, risk and regulatory needs and constraints
- You will help craft the data architecture practice by defining methodology and processes, so we get the best outcome
- Develop customer-centred definitions, models, platform designs, solution patterns, adoption principles, technical standards and guidelines for our business units
- Monitor and govern investments in data providing recommendations on improvements to technology and business leadership
- Ensure we have the right review process to select, design and implement the right data solutions
- Keep abreast with developments in the data and technology marketplace making sure that your architecture uses the best approaches to meet our customers’ needs
- Support data innovation to deliver even better business outcomes, constantly seeking opportunities to improve with market insight and internal development
If your skillset fits with the capabilities listed below, we would love to hear from you!
- You will need to have experience in data architecture strategy development and execution
- You should have expert understanding of architecture components across the data lifecycle including insight, analytics and machine learning, master and reference data management, integration, data warehousing, NoSQL, data quality and data compliance
- Deep understanding of cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, Google) capabilities to support data and analytics
- Experienced in developing data led technology vision and strategy and leading strategy and roadmap projects in a complex business environment
- Positive relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to translate to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge and active use of industry frameworks and tools (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate)
- Amazon Web Service certification is desirable
What will you get for this role?
- Salary - competitive depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0207 255 0884 or Lacey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number: R-87135
Community / Marketing Title: Enterprise Data Architect
Location: London, England, United Kingdom