IT Executive Support Team Leader
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1045
We are currently recruiting for an engaging IT Executive Support Team Leader with excellent interpersonal skills to join our pioneering IT Executive Team in London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical minded individual with the interest to contribute their innovative and forward-thinking approach at Aviva. You will be given the opportunity to get involved with change management, software assets management, service performance/fundamentals, service operations/service stability and protection.
The IT Executive Team provides Aviva’s employees with the technical support they require to successfully complete their responsibilities. As the IT Executive Support Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing processes, deliver services to protect Aviva’s employees, control and remediate issues across the production environment. You will also utilise your incredible problem-solving capabilities, by dealing with challenges relating to policy process and other guidelines whilst applying your impressive knowledge and expertise.
- Operate and contribute to the development of the process or service provided
- Support teams across IT to implement protection and control processes
- Coordinate and manage process compliance across teams in Infrastructure and Operations
- Take ownership for resolution of incidents and remediation of identified issues
- Drive resolution of service and management of risks during major incidents
- Support development of systems management process for all systems, infrastructure and customer journeys
- Develop disaster recovery programme, schedule and coordinate whilst providing expert advice on disaster recovery best practice to the team
- Lead and deliver disaster recovery testing across internal and external teams
- Own continuous improvement actions following changes which create unplanned service disruption
- Coordinate and run teams to provide service request management, deskside and service bar support, executive and event support, service desk and issue resolution
- Implement proactive monitoring capability; drive management of alert instructions with allocated business unit
- Operate and contribute to development of the service controls framework and the development of the service design, service introduction and service readiness controls and processes that underpin service fundamentals
- Provide expert advice to ensure IT projects are built to the service fundamentals principles and new services are reflected in SLAs and supplier agreements
- Drive and govern service continuity and the development of recovery planning aligning with major incident management
- Provide expert advice on service change; engage suppliers in walking through complex changes
Skills and Experience:
- Strong analytical skills, applicable to complex situations
- Business orientation, ability to translate IT issues into potential business consequence
- Understand of service lifecycles
- Experience working in partnership with senior stakeholders - drive action and influence senior stakeholders as needs be
- IT Service Management experience in a complex multi-supplier environment
- Evidence of working on multiple high profile and high priority workstreams in parallel
- Using analytical skills applied to detailed and complex systems to drive action plans and benefit
- Relevant financial services industry experience
What will you get for this role?
- Salary from £56,600 - £80,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7612 or Lacey.email@example.com
Job Number: R-86276
Community / Marketing Title: IT Executive Support Team Leader
Location: London, England, United Kingdom