Motor Fraud Handler
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Job Number: 1054
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, fulltime Motor Fraud Handler to join our phenomenal team in Galway! We are a team of 10, working within The Central Fraud Operational Team (CFOT) and we are responsible for investigating and preventing fraudulent claims across Aviva General Insurance (GI).
At Aviva, we rely on our fraud team to ensure we detect and eliminate fraudulent claims, in order to assist the company to progress with steady growth and development. Therefore, this role could be ideal for you if you are seeking an opportunity where you are valued in an organisation, play a pivotal part in the team and provide your expert advice.
As one of our Motor Fraud Handlers, you will conduct investigations into suspected fraudulent claims and risks, determine the validity of issues in question and where appropriate prepare a robust defence to each claim. Where a suspected criminal offence may have been committed it will be necessary to prepare an investigation file for submission to the Garda authorities.
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor you will be responsible for the following:
- Apply investigation strategy to validate information
- Gather and analyse facts with the objective of building a defendable case
- Assist with existing investigations as required and help to build a defendable case
- Prepare investigation files for submission to Garda Siochana
- Attend court as directed and if necessary, prepare Aviva witnesses for court appearances
- Cross collaboration with internal teams e.g. underwriters & senior investigators
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of handling complex claims investigations
- A genuine interest in investigating fraud and an extensive knowledge of the GI claims response plan
- Detailed understanding of meaningful technical/legal matters affecting fraud
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry trends and best practice relating to fraud
- Investigative proficiency – strong initiative skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of policy cover and underwriting criteria
Fitness and Probity
This is a Regulated Role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy in the Resourcing team on 0207 255 0884 or Lacey.firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number: R-85701
Community / Marketing Title: Motor Fraud Handler
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland