Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Job Number: 1071
We're looking for a Trainee Actuary to join the Financial Reporting team!
Our team has responsibility for the production of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) results for Aviva Life and Pensions and the communication of these results to our key partners.
With our wide product range and student rotation policy, we offer potential exciting exposure to a broad range of business areas!
We offer an attractive salary, bonus and benefits package and a generous study package to support your progress in the actuarial exams.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Calculating IFRS results including reserves, profit flows and disclosures and undertaking analysis of the drivers of the IFRS profit
- Development and implementation of new reporting standards as they arise, such as IFRS17
- Assisting in the development and testing of Prophet models and data in line with business requirements, liaising closely with the Prophet Development, Pricing and IT teams.
- Ensuring that work carried out has appropriate systems and controls in place to align with Aviva’s standards for financial management and control
- Working closely with internal and external partners such as Finance Business Partners, Finance Reporting & Control, Actuarial, Product & Pricing and Group as required
- Involvement in projects, both reporting related and Aviva wide, as the opportunities arise
- Calculating and updating assumptions including mortality, morbidity and lapses for the heritage Friends First book of business
Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:
- Understanding of actuarial reporting, producing financial results under at least one the IFRS or Solvency II reporting standards
- High degree of computer literacy
- Delivery focused with a flexible attitude and approach, can-do mentality, energy, dynamism and enthusiasm
- Proven ability to make informed decisions promptly, to prioritise and progress multiple deliverables
- Highly numerate and analytical with a developed capability to interpret data and establish alternatives and solutions to complex problems
- Confident communicator, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the financial structure and operation of life and pensions products
- Up to date knowledge and of actuarial principles and methodology, preferably with knowledge of Prophet
- A working knowledge of statutory, legal and regulatory frameworks and corporate governance
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on +44 121 234 7638 orConnor.McCormack@Aviva.com
Job Number: R-87522
Community / Marketing Title: Trainee Actuary
Location: Dublin, Leinster, Ireland