Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1095
A key area of growth is our annuity business. As a leading provider for both the individual and bulk annuity markets, we are well-placed to continue our success due to our investment capabilities and strong balance sheet.
To help support this goal, a dedicated Annuity Asset Origination (AAO) team has been built, jointly reporting to the Chief Investment Officer and the Managing Director of Defined Benefit Solutions.
Bulk Purchase Annuities saw transaction volumes tripled from 2016 to 2017, with new highs reached in 2018 and an expectation of £4bn in volumes in 2019.
Going into next year, we are looking to expand our team further, by adding an Investment Manager. The role will be multifaceted, supporting projects which will significantly influence the direction of the annuity business, having a lasting impact on the way that Aviva chooses the assets to back its annuity liabilities.
Some aspects of the roles will include:
- Contributing to the commercial assessment of specific asset opportunities, both liquid and illiquid
- Working on the design, development and usage of quantitatively-oriented investment-related models, techniques and tools
- Working on research projects looking at potential new asset classes, or methods of expansion of exposure to existing asset classes, for incorporation into the annuity asset strategy
- Working on bespoke asset strategies to back specific potential annuity deals, including consideration of the right choices of liquid versus illiquid assets, and physical versus derivative assets
Skills and experience we would like to see:
- Working knowledge of illiquid, cashflow-generating assets
- Direct experience of working in long-term pension or insurance investment, annuities, and/or cashflow-driven/low-risk portfolio management
- Demonstrated skill at managing and delivering multi-team investment-related projects over multi-month periods
- Outstanding project management skills, enjoying the designing and evolving of project plans, tracking progress, identifying the most important next steps for delivering, and taking multiple colleagues “on the journey”
- Ability to network well, work efficiently and collaboratively in a team environment, and build positive relationships with colleagues of all levels of seniority
- Ability to balance multiple tasks while delivering to pre-agreed deadlines
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that! We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: email@example.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010* By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-88260
Community / Marketing Title: Investment Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom