Customer Service Expert
Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1143
Job Title: Customer Service Expert
Contract: Permanent, Full Time – 35 hours per week
Working Hours: Shift patterns covering the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and some Saturdays, 8am-1pm. (Typically, you can expect a week of late shifts once every 7 weeks and a Saturday once every 6 weeks; this is continuously reviewed.)
Salary: Starting salary of £18,000 with the potential to increase to £24,000 (+ benefits)
Are you looking for a challenge in a unique, service centre environment where the customer is key and we measure ourselves against our values, not targets?
Can you help guide our customers at a time they need us and find out their real need in order to help us deliver a personable, customer experience?
Here at Aviva, we provide a variety of insurance products for our customers and our Eastleigh office is bursting with opportunities for the right, like-minded person. Unfortunately, life is full of unexpected twists and turns which may lead to our customers making a claim on their policy. When they do, we have a team of friendly, supportive and knowledgeable customer service advisors that assist them during that process to make it as simple and as stress-free as possible. Our Customer Service Experts are frontline, speaking with policy holders on a daily basis; they are brand ambassadors, customer service experts and are integral and invaluable to Aviva as a business.
Please click on the video link for an insight on how we help our customers at their times of need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_2i40bgz9g&t=4s
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answering inbound calls from policy holders; talking and listening calmly to understand their needs. You will be able to put yourself in their shoes and be able to relate to their situation
- Asking the customer questions to obtain relevant information that will assist you in processing their insurance claim
- Taking full ownership for your customer to get the right outcome for them on that first call whenever possible
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience in a customer service related role. Knowledge of insurance products / financial services would be great, but more importantly you will be willing to learn and will be customer focused
- The ability to communicate and engage with our customers on the phone and thrive working as part of a large, friendly team
- The ability to be empathetic towards our customers; understanding and supporting them through a difficult period whilst making their claim journey easy for them and building their loyalty
- Be a good fact finder – you will ask the right questions at the right time to get the customer’s claim processed in the most effective way
- Be meticulous and detail orientated – checking facts and asking questions will enable you to weigh up information and make accurate decisions about the claim
- Basic IT skills and excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
What will you get for these roles?
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
- Full training and ongoing support provided
- Free use of the Park & Ride service
Typically, our Customer Experts will progress from the starting salary of £18,000 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training and accreditation is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 12-18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there is our Advanced Customer Expert earning £24,000, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
We care about the well-being of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be flexible.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Martine Harris a call on: 0121 234 7652 or ping them an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-88822
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Expert
Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom