Audit Manager - Life Actuary
Location: York, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1172
The exciting recent re-organisation of the Internal Audit function in Aviva has resulted in the alignment of specialist auditors with specific skill sets such as Actuarial and IT to work directly with each market’s audit team - resulting a new vacancy for a Life Insurance actuary to work in our Audit team.
Our team’s purpose is to help the Board and Executive Management protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Aviva. We join the dots between risk and control and the execution of strategy to serve our customers. In order to do that, our team delivers a plan of audit work which assesses and reports on the efficiency of the control environment to manage the key risks to Aviva.
We’re happy to consider those with experience in Life Actuary who are curious and interested in the Audit world of Aviva.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Supporting the development and owning the delivery of an audit plan through a deep and broad understanding of the risks facing the business for the area of responsibility
- Audit Reviews - managing a portfolio of audit reviews and supporting technical or complex reviews
- Committee reports – contributing to the production of reports to Internal Audits key partners and influencing management actions to deliver a more effective framework
- Ensuring the appropriate application of our Internal Audit methodology
- The role will require travel around the UK
In addition to relevant actuarial skills, we're looking for a great collaborator and teammate, with a positive, proactive approach. If you are able to look at the big picture, understand the impact of your work on the wider business and be able to communicate technical issues and impacts clearly to non-technical audiences then we definitely want to talk!
Skills & experiences required:
- Professional actuarial qualification or equivalent business experience within Life Insurance
- Relevant technical expertise in UK insurance, financial, or market risk either within an audit or consulting firm
- Strong experience in managing the senior level internal relationships and influencing behaviour
- Background and interest in data analytics is desireable
- Experience in supporting complex projects/reviews and working with small-medium teams and leading discussions on actuarial areas would be nice to see
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of up to £55,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and locations (York, Bristol preferred)
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-89345
Community / Marketing Title: Audit Manager - Life Actuary
Location: York, England, United Kingdom