Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1188
We are currently recruiting for Trading Underwriters to join our fantastic team of 15 in Birmingham!
As a Trading Underwriter, you will focus on our online products and provide technical support and assistance to your aligned portfolio of customers/brokers. You will be given the opportunity to develop the commercial book of business, underwrite profitable business whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority levels.
Your input and advice are vital to us and so you will proactively contribute with delivering your team and the wider business objectives, using the relevant network of individuals to deliver the best propositions to our customers and increasing our product density.
This role will be ideal for you if you enjoy delivering a great service, as we value our customers and keep them at the heart of all key decisions ensuring we provide the right solution for our customers at the right time, at all stages of the relationship and ensure all of our customers receive a good outcome.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and implement required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
- Support leaders in the identification of all breaches and risk events so that these are managed appropriately
- Understand what matters to the customer/broker and how that fits with our plans and strategies
- Maintain visibility in the marketplace
- Make the right underwriting decisions, reflecting our strategy and the customer/broker value
- Work well within the team by understanding how individual case decision-making can influence the overall team result, and use this to trade a portfolio of cases where appropriate
- Learn and use your knowledge of Aviva products to understand the benefits of risk management and utilise this in day to day case handling
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Good understanding of the core principles of insurance, and able to differentiate between product types to explain the benefits of cover to customers
- Experience with identifying risks and able to escalates all breaches, risk events, suspicious activities and any conduct concerns
- Understand the Underwriting Quality & Capability Framework
- Experience with using data/system information to improve things for the customer and eliminate waste
- Ability to secure new business by pro-actively and continually prospecting new customers
- Good analytical skills – research and actively develop an understanding of customers and their needs
- Good experience with influencing measures of profitability
- Has ACGI/Certificate in Insurance
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £18,000 - £25,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please contact Lacey Lane Mckoy call on: 0207 255 0884 or ping an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-89522
Community / Marketing Title: Trading Underwriter
Location: Birmingham, England, United Kingdom