Apprentice Project Manager - Level 4
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1231
Apprentice Project Manager – Level 4
- Are you great at organising yourself and others?
- Do you want to get practical, hands-on experience in a meaningful role where you will learn to drive projects as well as gain a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Project Management qualification?
- Do you want to work at a company that will empower you to be best self at work?
If so, an Apprentice Project Manager role may be the right route for you. At Aviva, we truly believe new ideas and perspectives are invaluable. So, if you have a curious mind, a customer focus and want to work in a role where you make a genuine impact please read on!
About the role
Technology at Aviva is an exciting place to be! We’re the UK’s largest insurer, a FTSE 100 company and global leader who puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. Awarded Digital Insurance Company of the Year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance, our Technology community is among the best resourced and most talented anywhere.
We work collaboratively in small teams to build high quality solutions that meet our customers’ needs, first time: whether delivering technology change internally to meet the wider needs of the organisation or producing innovative digital tech like the award winning “My Aviva” customer portal and “Aviva Drive".
Through our Apprentice Programme, we'll equip you with the hands-on experience, industry recognised accredited qualifications and tools to succeed.
As an Apprentice Project Manager, you’ll learn to successfully manage change projects from start to finish. Your work will include:
- Being responsible for successful project delivery in line with defined success criteria, goals and budgets
- Effective and consistent communications and reporting to colleagues at all levels
- Smooth running of the change, from planning to delivery, to handover
- Develop programme plans including drawing out key dates and identifying the critical path
- Supporting the adoption of solutions within the business, looking at roll-out plans and engagement
- Developing yourself and later others in the Project Management community
This is an 18-month programme where you’ll spend 80% of your time gaining real hands-on experience in the role and 20% dedicated to your Apprenticeship studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited qualifications (a Level 4 Apprenticeship as well as the Association for Project Management, Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ)). Upon successful completion of your qualification(s) you’ll be a fully-fledged Aviva Project Manager!
We’re on the lookout for apprentices from all kinds of backgrounds – whether this is your first professional role, you’re returning to work after a break, or are looking to move into a new career. Whatever your previous experience, we need you to:
- Have a minimum of 5 x GCSEs or Scottish National 5s at Grade 9-4 (A*-C) or equivalent (this must include English and Maths)
- Have or be on track for at least 3 A-Levels grades B, C, C or equivalent
- Be always on the lookout for positive changes and solutions - approaching situations with curiosity and initiative
- Be a confident communicator
- Be flexible, able to adapt and change quickly to different situations
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have great planning and organisational skills
- Great Microsoft Office skills – particularly Excel and PowerPoint – in order to perform analysis and present information simply and visually
- Have a love of learning and be working to continually improve
- Have an interest in tech
What will you get for this role?
- Starting salary from £17,500 (depending on skills, experience and qualifications)
- A Level 4 qualification, equivalent to a Foundation Degree/HND and Association for Project Management, Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ)
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras”, plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
The recruitment process:
We live Aviva's values, with a culture of continually challenging and improving what we do and how we do it. We invest in our people, expecting curiosity and a courageous mindset. We will assess your strengths as well as understanding how connected and aligned to our values you are throughout the process.
The process itself is:
- Make an online application – this will include answering a short questionnaire and attaching your CV
- If you pass the initial screen you will be have a short telephone interview
- Pass that and you’ll be sent some online tests
- And if you do well in these, there’s an assessment day
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Daniela Krol a call on: 0121 234 7660 or ping them an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Number: R-89840
Community / Marketing Title: Apprentice Project Manager - Level 4
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom