Group Protection Administrator
Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1248
Would you like to work for a friendly, dedicated administration team in the UK's largest insurance business?
We are currently seeking an Administrator in Eastleigh to join our Group Protection team. The Group Protection department consists of different products including: Group Life, Group Income Protection and Group Critical Illness.
As a company, Aviva places an equally high value in our employees and our customers. We are looking for individuals to consistently deliver high standards of service, accuracy and efficiency and promote Group Protection scheme administration through positive interaction with all customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will get the opportunity to demonstrate your excellent customer service skills and develop your administrative skill set in problem resolution, telephone techniques, numeracy, literacy and communication skills by managing daily queries, processing scheme renewals and accounts work. You'll be working as part of a close-knit team as well as under your own autonomy.
As a Group Protection Administrator, you will be responsible for building and maintaining positive relationships with our panel of intermediaries to help us retain our existing portfolio of business and support the company in winning new business.
Working hours are 9am -5pm Monday to Friday. We operate flexible hours around this where you can accrue additional hours to allow for time off around our core hours of 10am - 4pm.
Skills and Experience required
- Experience in providing top-class customer service
- Excellent skills with Microsoft applications (particularly manipulating and analysing data within Excel) are essential
- Ability to organise and manage own workload
- An approachable team member, able to easily establish rapport with colleagues and customers
- Willingness to question the effectiveness of how things are done and offer solutions
- Seek and provide constructive feedback for own and others to develop
- Positive about change and willing to adapt
What will you get for this role?
- Salary in the region of £17,250 - £19,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Typically, our Administrators will progress from the starting salary of £17,250 to £18,500 on reaching the standard required after training is completed. Your development will continue in the role over time. On average we see people reach an advanced level after 18 months, where salary would rise again to £20,500. You can then continue to excel in the role and become one of our experts in department earning £22,000. Beyond this, there are numerous opportunities within our business for people with the right skills, behaviours and attitude to be able to continue progression of their career aspirations.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Danielle Stallard-Trueman a call on: 0121 234 7614 or ping them an email at: email@example.com
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-90380
Community / Marketing Title: Group Protection Administrator
Location: Eastleigh, England, United Kingdom