Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 1278
We are recruiting for a Product Specialist to join our Digital Product Team within Aviva.
We created the Digital business in 2014 and opened our first Garage in London in June 2015. We began as a start-up, with a handful of people and some serious investment. We brought people together – existing and new talent, to build businesses that would enable our Digital First ambitions.
Since then, we have made bold decisions and invested with courage. We have grown Digital businesses and garages in many of our markets. We have built a strong platform, developed great propositions and have innovative thinking being tested with customers right now.
‘Digital’ is now being incorporated into the entire business, General Insurance (GI), Life and Investments, Savings and Retirement (IS&R) and the product function works with each of these business areas to deliver digital solutions to our customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a clear view of the evolving marketplace for our customers and their needs in order to effectively direct the product roadmap.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional squad members, including business SMEs where relevant, understanding their roles and successfully embedding requirements into the product and successfully embedding the vision and roadmap.
- Ensure an ongoing, prioritised programme of delivery and optimisation, planned across global products and features.
- Raise and resolve technical, commercial and compliance issues, where necessary.
- Oversee and direct the UX and Visual Design for their product/feature, ensuring adequate research and user testing is undertaken to assure quality.
- Work with business, legal and compliance partners to ensure the necessary approvals are obtained for all product / feature deliveries.
Skills & Experience required:
- Validated experience and successful track record in digital product ownership/management.
- Understanding of our digital estate and IT architecture, with working knowledge of the technologies employed.
- Background in digital (experience working with websites / apps).
- Excellent people leadership skills - sets clear direction and ‘sells’ the benefits to gain commitment.
- An awareness of online performance marketing and web-based metrics, including online media and website analytics.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Oh and by the way…
At Aviva we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time, or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can.
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you need an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on: 0121 200 5926 or ping them an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-90820
Community / Marketing Title: Product Specialist
Location: London, England, United Kingdom