Senior Account Manager - Group Protection
Location: United Kingdom
Job Number: 1350
Aviva UK are now looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our Group Protection team. While this role is homebased, we would like you to be able to travel or be accessible to London, Midlands locations and around the South of the UK.
This team help profitably grow the Group Protection business working with a panel of intermediaries in line with the business strategy and plans. The growth includes acquisition of new customers and retention of existing customers within margin framework and to provide best-in-class Group Protection market expertise by establishing both strong long-term profitable relationships and profile with key accounts.
We’re proud of how this team in Aviva help the public and the work they do for those who can’t work or are suffering. It all connects with Aviva’s values while understanding our clients’ needs, risks, claims and real-life situations. This is a role for those who flex their personal style to suit different accounts by truly understanding the audience, their preferences and anticipating what they need.
The role’s duties & responsibilities:
- Developing excellent relationships at all levels (consultants, end clients, administrator, directors) in order to deliver agreed targets for Group Protection products
- Proposition understand and being a strong advocate for Aviva while understanding client’s needs
- Advisor facing and engaging, both virtually and in person
- Building annual account plans (business nature, markets specialisation, client activity, etc)
- Growing an understanding of competitors proposition and pricing
- Representing Group Protection Distribution (internally and externally) on pivotal initiatives and business activities e.g., proposition development
- Finding opportunities to improve business efficiency. Lead and inspire change within the team as appropriate
Skills & experiences required:
- Commercial experience as a relationship account manager in financial services – knowledge of the pensions market would be phenomenal to see
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to interpret and make recommendations based off financial information for improved business and customer outcomes
- Track record of working on multi-layered, sophisticated accounts developing profitable business and execution of initiatives through the intermediated market
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory environment
- Robust skillset of growing networks internally and externally, relationship management and troubleshooting while defining unique selling points
- Any experience with Group Protection and Group Risk would be great to see, especially in an Account Management position
- Ideally industry recognised professional qualification (GR1, ACII or FPC)
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Regular On Target Bonus related to defined measures
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Company car
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Oh, and by the way…
At Aviva, we always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you need to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. We’ll even try to bend work around your further studies or hobbies where we can!
We care deeply about welcoming people no matter where they’re from, how old they are or what disability they have. We encourage applications from every age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or caring responsibility. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
As part of that we interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
If you like the sound of all that, we’d love it if you could submit your application online. For an alternative method of applying, please give Dan Hopchet a call on: 0121 234 7625 or ping them an email at: Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
Job Number: R-93212
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Account Manager - Group Protection
Location: United Kingdom