CISO MI and Operations Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 287
CISO MI and Operations Manager - London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the CISO team. We are actively recruiting for a CISO MI and Operations Manager. Location is flexible.
The CISO team is rapidly growing as investment in cyber security continues to increase. With Cyber risks continuing to change, new threats emerging at a fast pace and regulatory demands increasing, there’s lots of exciting and important work we need to deliver across cyber and CISO. This includes our cyber change portfolio and cyber resilience strategy, which is ultimately designed to reduce Aviva’s risk posture. This is a new role allowing you to shape and influence the various reporting and MI elements. You will need to take the lead on the MI and reporting activity which is high profile across all the Boards and GE. In addition, you are required to be responsible for the Finance and People operational activity and reporting and work closely with the Group CISO and LT.
The purpose of the role include:
- Responsible for leading the delivery and continuous improvement of the metrics reporting and analysis requirements of CISO which we delivery globally across key business stakeholders including the GE and Board.
- Responsible for the service delivery, excellence and execution in key areas of operations. (HR, Finance, Reporting, Service, Employee Communications)
Key Duties include:
- Leads, plans, directs and oversees CISO’s business operations and procedures
- Drives performance measures and timely Dashboards, appropriate and relevant to the different Plc Boards, Committees’ and Business stakeholders globally
- Sets and communicates a clear understanding of CISO services and performance levels. Engages and Reviews with business stakeholders
- Oversees and delivers daily/monthly/annual services, processes and procedures for HR, Finance, Reporting, Service and Employee Communications
- Ensures CISO operations are efficient and effective and that the proper resources are available and the management of resources is delivered. This includes maintaining and monitoring staff levels with a view to allocating resources to the priority areas.
- Proactively drives performance measures and timely Dashboards, appropriate and relevant to the different Plc Boards, Committees’ and Business stakeholders.
- Drives effective budget management across the leadership team and leads activity this with Finance
- Establishes and communicates relevant market re-charges in line with CISO centralised services
- Provides and communicates CISO services and develops, maintains the CISO service catalogue and market charges. Socialises and engages with global stakeholders.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve, develop and enhance our products and services to key stakeholders.
- Leads on all CISO employee communications and engagement activity to increase staff engagement scores
- Owns the ASKCISO mailbox
Skills and Knowledge required:
- University Degree in security/technology/Diploma in Management/MBA/appropriate technical qualifications
- Relevant Information Security Industry qualifications / certifications
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership
- Strong leadership skills – able to inspire, energise and motivate people around our vision, values and objectives
- Full understanding of Aviva’s / CISO / IT business operations
- Heightened relationship management skills at all levels
- Knowledge of market issues and dynamics
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment
- Good at presenting data / KPI’s in a meaningful and helpful way across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and information
- Capable of progressing and improving the security MI and reports.
All displaced candidates will be given primacy for this role.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact us directly
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in the The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website. and then notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alex Stumpo in the Resourcing team on Alex.Stumpo@Aviva.com
Job Number: R-72075
Community / Marketing Title: CISO MI and Operations Manager
Location: London, England, United Kingdom