Senior Quotation Analyst
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 873
Bulk Purchase Annuities (BPA) has been identified as a key growth area for Aviva UK Life. To achieve this, the team needs to increase its quotation and pricing capabilities. As a result, we have a phenomenal opportunity to join our team at an exciting time, as we shape our proposition and re-design how we work to support our growth ambition.
The primary focus of this role will be to support Deal Managers by producing bulk annuity quotations efficiently, accurately and on time. There will also be opportunities to work on project teams on large deals of up to £1bn, as we look to develop long term relationships with employers, trustees and advisers of defined benefit pension schemes.
The responsibilities of the role:
- Provide scheme opportunities to meet new business targets, by supporting Deal Managers on small-to-medium schemes and working on project teams for larger/more complex deals
- Depending on experience, either produce bulk annuity quotations or check the work done by others; ensuring quotations are calculated accurately, in line with the latest pricing basis and governance processes and are issued within agreed timescales
- Effectively manage your workload and prioritise multiple projects appropriately
- Support relationships with brokers and those resulting from existing deals, as required
- Identify areas for operational improvement and assist with user testing software developments
- Ensure that Treating Customers Fairly and relevant legislative requirements are built into the system, and that all decisions result in fair customer outcomes
The skills and experience we look for:
- Strong numerical, analytical & Excel skills
- A commercial understanding of the bulk annuity market, or the willingness and ability to develop it
- Experience of cashflow modelling, sense checking model outputs would be ideal although full training will be given
- Knowledge of UK defined benefit pensions would also be an advantage
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
Job Number: R-82477
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Quotation Analyst
Location: London, England, United Kingdom