Sales Insight & Development Manager
Multiple Locations: Sheffield, England, United Kingdom • Dorking, England, United Kingdom • Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Job Number: 942
Location: Flexible (around Sheffield, Bristol, Dorking)
Application deadline: 11th September 2019
We’re delighted to announce both permanent and 6-month fixed-term contract (FTC) opportunities for Sales Insight & Development Managers in our Workplace Savings and Retirement Team. Aviva is the UK’s largest provider of Defined Contribution pensions with over 28,000 schemes covering 3 million members, and the person in this role will be interacting across the larger Aviva team (Marketing, Proposition, Commercial, Operations, Digital, and Financial Advice divisions), learning about the business as a whole, where developments are headed – this is a team for people to advance in. We’re looking for someone with initiative to take the lead on what our Distribution team needs.
Our Sales Insight & Development team’s role is to ensure Distribution (SME, New and Existing Business) are equipped to do the best job they can. This is achieved through involvement in strategic projects to feed in the distribution view and ensure communications and training needs are met.
The Workplace Savings & Retirement channel is aligned to the largest group pension schemes managed by Aviva based on assets under management, revenue stream, development potential and strategic value to the business. Many of these clients are multinational corporations employing many thousands of employees.
The duties & responsibilities of the role:
- Oversight and ownership of Distribution Risks & controls and the icare framework within Distribution
- Delivery of projects to improve the tools at the sales teams’ disposal
- Distribution ownership of our distribution systems (Salesforce, Fusion, Qvidian)
- Develop and maintain a network of internal partners across both Distribution and wider Aviva business areas to ensure a fully aligned approach that promotes scheme retention, new business and revenue generation
- To lead on cross-departmental initiatives on behalf of distribution
The role can be based at various locations (Sheffield, Bristol, Dorking, etc) to reflect the geographical spread of clients and key business partners.
The skills & experiences required:
The Sales Insight & Development team focus internally on business readiness, communication, project delivery and thought leadership. A sales or operational background would be desirable, but not necessary.
- Financial analysis skills, understanding of profit drivers and solid commercial appreciation of cost/benefit for client activity
- Robust project management and planning skills with a good understanding of internal project management processes and governance
- Qualifications in Financial Planning & Project Management are desired, but not necessary
- Proven networking skills demonstrated through personal profile within Distribution and good relationship management experience at senior level
- Excellent analytical, presentational, written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at objection handling and able to articulate a counter view with impact
- Up to date knowledge of the workplace benefits market especially legislative, compensation and benefits trends, technology and the investment market
- An understanding of financial metrics to understand the contribution made to the business and their performance against retention, new business and fee income targets. This extends to the financial metrics of the business, e.g. VIF, VNB, NFF etc.
- Strong forward-planning skills and the ability to manage delivery through others
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £30,000 to £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
- Ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.
Job Number: R-85034
Community / Marketing Title: Sales Insight & Development Manager
Location: Sheffield, England, United Kingdom