Senior Data Analyst
Location: Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom
Job Number: 994
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within our Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) Business Intelligence team at Aviva. We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Manager, based in our Perth Office, to focus on pricing performance management for our growing SME business. This is an opportunity to join a well-placed team within Aviva, where the focus has been on investing in technology and people.
Forming part of the wider Commercial Technical Underwriting department. The department provides a shared Business Information service offering reporting, insight and analysis on all aspects Financial, Operational and Governance.
You will be supported to develop your potential through the setting of stretching objectives and a variety of tasks while giving the freedom to tackle problems. Collaboration and knowledge-sharing are key to strengthening the team in our open-plan environment.
The team provides a one-stop shop for anyone passionate about growing their knowledge of Commercial Insurance, how it operates and what information it needs to operate.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop our commercial lines pricing performance management capability, collaborating with our key partners to ensure accuracy and validity
- Build profit projection models to embed the impact of pricing and underwriting actions into our financial results and forecasts
- Make recommendations to improve performance / highlight gaps through detailed analysis of trends, factoring in all internal and external influences which have had, or will have, an impact upon these
- Identify and manage to resolution potential risks to systems / processes / data, ensuring these remain aligned with governance principles and fit for purpose
- Support the development of Analysts / Consultants by providing support / mentorship / critical review of outputs to help improve knowledge and skill
- Regularly engage with a range of partners and act upon any insight / change they communicate, as to ensure CBI is responding to the changing needs of those partners
Skills & Experience required
- Have ideally gained a degree in Business Analytics / Statistics / Mathematics / Accounting / Computer Science or related field
- Experience of SAS, SQL, Python, R, or other data languages
- Relevant similar industry experience desirable
- Strong proven abilities in the extraction, manipulation, validation and visualisation of data
- Able to build models to reflect and project the outcome of business processes
- Consistently provide actionable analysis, explaining and demonstrating the impact upon key performance indicators
- Regularly utilises analytical techniques to develop additional insight which acts to contribute to the business
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary circa £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If you feel you could bring to Aviva what makes you different and we will support, you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Connor McCormack in the Resourcing team on +44 121 234 7638 or Connor.McCormack@Aviva.com
Job Number: R-85912
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Perth, Scotland, United Kingdom